Sunday 2 November 2014

Another Year Older

  To say that my 36th year of life was eventful would be an understatement. I fell into the dark hole of depression. I spent weeks on the psychiatric ward learning to heal and to cope with the realities of life. I  found a new job that fits me like a glove. I discovered how deep my husbands love for me runs. I learned to enjoy every moment with my precious kids and I have learned cuddles on the couch supersede the need to vacuum the floor. And the most important event of this year for me was finding a church family that has taken me in and is helping me walk on my journey.
  I am fortunate to have been able to spend a weekend lounging in a hotel and shopping with a sweet friend. I had to laugh when I woke up this morning though, it looks like my 37th year is going to start off eventful as well. I peeked out the window only to discover snow!
  The winter wonderland didn't deter Erica and I from hitting the mall. It did however make for a very entertaining day. You would think that two Canadian girls would be prepared for the winter, right? Ha! I have no snow brush, no shovel, and I still have my summer tires on. Neither of us had gloves or winter boots either. We discovered that the men in Maine are very willing to help a girl out. We were shovelled out, pushed out, and plowed out by a few good men.
  We're now back tucked safely in the hotel, a few bucks poorer and a few bags heavier. Pizza should be arriving soon and I've got a load of tasty munchies waiting to be nibbled on. All in all it has been a fantastic day. I will return home rested and relaxed and ready to hit the ground running again.
   I am truly blessed and I am really looking forward to seeing what 37 has in store for me. It's going to be a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment