Wednesday 9 July 2014

And Asher Makes 3

   Last, but not least is the "baby". Asher really isn't much of baby anymore and lately seems to act more like a 2 year old than the 19 month old that he is. As with all of my sweet babes, he brings light and life into our family.
   I was overdue with all of my kids and Asher was no exception. He made up for his 5 day delay by arriving in a hurry! I went into labour around 4:30pm and I was holding him in my arms before 6:30pm. I was in labour and delivery for under 30 minutes before he arrived. We hadn't decided 100% on a name, nor did we know the gender prior to his arrival, but once they placed him on my chest, we knew he was our little Asher. His middle name is Paul in honour of Simon's mom Pauline who passed away several years ago.
   Asher was a very easy baby, which was a very good thing considering he had 2 older siblings who needed to be transported here there and everywhere. I was fortunate that he would was content to hang out in his  car seat as well, so mommy could hit up the boxing gym.
   Asher is a very active little man and has been breaking milestones early right from the start. He loves to climb anything and everything and it is not unusual to see him atop the table shaking his booty if I turn my back for even a moment. I hope that isn't a glimpse to his future career aspirations... He is super talkative and loves to parrot everything. The big kids take great pleasure in teaching him words like bum, fart, and boobies. Oy!
    I am so excited to see what this little bundle of joy grows up to be. I don't know if Asher will be our last little one or not. Either way, I want to take the time to enjoy watching him grow. I want to remember that he will only be little once and though it can be tiresome chasing around a nutty toddler, someday I will miss the hysterical laughter as I pop out and say "boo" to him for the 100th time since breakfast.



With a rush of pain you enter into the world.
Soft, warm and wet
They place you on my chest.
All the broken pieces seem to fall in place.
As we both look in wonder upon your tiny face.
So innocent, so pure
Not touched by this cruel place
We will be your keepers
to protect you from life's storms.
Rest now precious angel
lulled to sleep upon my breast
I love you my sweet child with every heartbeat in my chest.







No comments:

Post a Comment