Sunday 31 August 2014

Back To School

      It is hard to believe it, but the week of back to school has arrived.  Summer seemed at times to fly by, and other days seem to crawl by at a snails pace (mom, I'm bored). The hardest fact for me to digest is that my Isaac is headed into grade 3. I feel like I was just dropping him off for his first day of kindergarden and now he is one of the "big kids" in the school.
   My princess is going off to grade 1. She is eager to get back to her friends and her social life after a summer of playing with Isaac and his friends. Akira will continue with her gymnastics training and is up to 8 hours per week. We shall see what this school year has in store for the little diva!
    I am looking forward to getting back to the routine of the school year. It will be especially nice now that I have a set schedule and will not have to worry about sleeping for a night shift or trying to arrange childcare for an evening shift. I will be honest and say that I, as I am sure is true of most parents, am really not looking forward to making lunches every day.
   I would love to say that I am one of those amazing moms who make beautiful lunches with cute sandwiches cut into shapes- I know you moms are out there and I admire you all so much! It's my goal to pack a healthy lunch that the kids will eat. It sounds so simple, but when you think of the things that you aren't allowed to send to the classroom it can get challenging. I don't  know about your kids, but mine go through phases where they will eat absolutely anything and the lunch bag comes home empty every day and then BAM they don't want to eat anything I send...
     I will also need to get organized for suppers this year. It is my goal to plan a menu at the beginning of the week so that Simon and I both know what's going on and there won't be any last minute, "Oh no, what are we going to eat tonight". I find when I don't plan in advance we end up eating over processed, under flavoured junk. I want to try to avoid that trap this school year. I generally think of myself as an organized person, so I hope I can carry that through all parts of life and make some scrumptious suppers.
   Fall is in the air and change is on the horizon. Here's to a school year packed with health, laughter, and the comfort of a set schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment